PR Newswire: Bad News
- PR NewswireVisibilityReportExact Match PickupExact matches are full-text postings of your content which we have found in the online and social media that we monitor. Your release has generated108 exact matches with a total potential audience of 86,245,358.
- Visibility Reports Exact Matches
1) PR Newswire claims our release may have been seen by 76,000,231 daily visitors going to Yahoo Finance. and by 608,836 visitors/day going to Market Watch by Dowjones. PR Newswire publishes every single release on Yahoo Finance and Market Watch, regardless if the content is related to Financial News. It’s based on an agreement PR Newswire has with Yahoo Financial News and Market Watch and some other news aggregators. It includes several thousand of releases by PR Newswire every day Our release received ZERO opening and ZERO clicks from such hidden sources, according to our inbound stats.
2) PR Newswire has similar agreements with the Business Journals. There are Business Journals in many US cities. Let’s take Pacific Business News for an example. PR Newswire claims our story was picked up by the Pacific Business News.
Talking to the Pacific Journal Editor in Chief K. Napier it was confirmed even he didn’t immediately know where one can find the PR Newswire releases on his publication. He pointed out the disclosing statement on the right side of the release says:
“The information on this page is provided by PR Newswire. Pacific Business Journal is not responsible for this content.”
PR Newswire claimed in their success report, the Pacific Business Journal has 204,256 readers and our release was “picked up” by that publication in every single U.S. city they serve. All business journals are important and widely known publications serving the business world in many U.S. cities. A pick up by every single Business Journal publication around the country would have been fantastic.
Unfortunately the PR Newswire success report about “pick up” could not have been further from the truth. The same counts for the remaining 108 pick ups our story had according to the PR Newswire report.
The Pacific Business Journal in Honolulu, for example, has 10,000 paying subscribers to the print edition, as well as 14,000 to 15,000 free subscribers to the Morning and Afternoon Edition email newsletters. The monthly traffic, total, to all Business Journal websites averages over 1 million page views and a quarter-million unique visitors.
Our release was not published in any print edition, nor was it part of the Pacific Business News email newsletter. The same counts for all the other Business Journals in the country PR Newswire told us our story appeared.
The journal counts 3.2 readers per print copy. This calculation is used by most print newspapers. The page view on their website is for all Business Journals in the U.S. combined, and not just for one edition.
Business Journal counts their page views based on a month traffic. It’s not the pageview or unique visitor count on one single day (our release was published one time and on one day. Unique visitors are in fact visitors sorted by IP addresses. Since most IP addresses constantly change one single reader going to the Business Journal website every day can easily count for 50 or more readers using this method.
Our “picked up story on the business journal” was only “published on a secondary linked page with thousands of other PR Newswire releases”. The Pacific Business Journal page showing PR Newswire releases state: The information on this page is provided by PR Newswire. Pacific Business Journal is not responsible for this content.
No Business Journal editor ever saw or noticed our release and could have made a decision to publish our story within their true editorial content.
Views eTN received from the Pacific Business Journal was ONE. This “one view” was our team member testing.
- Real numbers
- Targeted audience
- Unique search and news positioning
- Articles positioned and pushed to the best audience by a person
- Target audience pick up already included within our own publication
- Hand crafter Social Media exposure
- Guaranteed partner pick up
- Never an additional charge for global
PR NEWSWIRE US Release posting : $850.00 + $190.00 set up
PR NEWSWIRE Global posting: $6500.00 + $190.00 set up
Most eTurboNews Group rates are between $50.00 global to $475.00 with lower unlimited options for subscriptions.